AKOS is seeking a Drupal & PHP developer to join our development team. As a part of our team, you will help develop custom solutions and provide technical consultation to our design, business development and project management teams. We offer a fun and casual environment, while also demand high quality code within client deadlines.
Position is on contract basis for first 6-months and will likely transition to full-time for right candidate.
Things You Will Own (Responsibilities)
- Develop custom websites and implement content management systems (mostly Wordpress)
- Work alongside UI/UX Team to develop, revise and improve web user interface with human factors and usability in mind.
- Build and maintain custom web applications
- Maintain and support existing client platforms, including recent builds and legacy code
- Work with project, account and design teams to define and develop scope and technical specifications for new projects
- Help business development team research new solutions for future clients, provide timelines and estimates for new development.
Things You Must Have (Requirements):
- Experience with custom development in Drupal
- Experience with AJAX and jQuery
- Experience with mySQL
- Experience with custom development in other popular CMS platforms, such as Wordpress, Craft, Contentful
- Experience troubleshooting in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox
- Experience with Media Queries for Responsive Websites and Applications
- Understanding of SEO development best practices
- Familiarity with API integrations
- Excellent communication skills with teammates and clients
- Excellent documentation skills
- Empathetic and understanding of client concerns, ability to engage in cordial conversation while seeking clarifying questions
- Inquisitive nature, able to help clients identify their root issues, then troubleshoot
- Time management skills and ability to self manage
- Willing to ask for help and providing support to others when needed
- Curious nature, willing to learn and help with both front-end and back-end tasks
- Change control experience with GIT or SVN
- An eye and passion for beautiful and functional UI/UX.
- Willingness to learn new and developing technologies.
- Works well in an agile environment with interdisciplinary teams.