Senior WordPress Developer
AKOS is seeking a Senior Wordpress & PHP developer to join our development team. As a part of our team, you will help develop custom solutions and provide technical consultation to our design, business development and project management teams. We offer a fun and casual environment, while also demand high quality code within client deadlines.
Things You Will Own (Responsibilities)
- Receive & review comps from project managers.
- Prepare assets from design files (usually Sketch/XD/Figma).
- Set up and execute development in a local environment.
- Use our base starter theme, version control, and staging server for project consistency and continuity
- Build the project following the provided design comps, pushing database changes to staging and code to version control regularly.
- Coordinate with the project manager to implement changes as needed.
- Deploy the completed site to the production server, maintaining the integrity of the code base as required, over time.
Things You Must Have (Requirements):
- Minimum 5 years experience with custom development in WordPress
- Ability to create themes from scratch using a base (e.g., Underscores, Tonik, Joints, Bones)
- Expertise in using version control systems like Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket
- Ability to create custom plugins
- Create custom post types and taxonomies without a plugin
- Ability to create meta boxes without Advanced Custom Fields
- Strong knowledge of WP actions, hooks, and filters
- Experience with WordPress Cron scheduling
- Gutenberg block editor, Elementor, Beaver Builder customization experience a plus
- REST API knowledge a huge plus
- Experience with custom development in other popular CMS platforms, such as Drupal, Craft, Contentful a plus
- Familiarity with Bootstrap, Foundation, UI Kit, Tailwindcss or similar framework.
- Familiarity with PHPStorm, npm/yarn, Webpack, WP-CLI and similar tools
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- We use Advanced Custom Fields & Gravity Forms on nearly every project, so familiarity with those is a plus.
- 10 or more custom WordPress website builds or 5-10 years experience in the development field.
- Agency experience is a plus.